Monday, August 8, 2011

Unit 4 + 2


I accidentally found this song while searching for a Jurassic 5 song by the same name on Grooveshark today. It just goes to show ya' everything happens for a reason. If I had never chosen Public Relations as my major, I would never have taken marketing. If I had never taken marketing, I would never have had a seven page research paper. If I had never had a research paper, I would have never come to a coffee shop in the middle of sunny summer day. If the coffee shop played their music loud enough for human ears to detect I would never have been forced to resort to Grooveshark. And finally, if I had never resorted to Grooveshark, I would have never heard this song...! So there you have it. The stars are aligned in my favor today. 

Unit 4 + 2 were a British pop band from the 1960s. They had but one major hit single. Their song "Concrete and Clay" topped the UK Singles chart for a week in 1965 and only made it as far as number 28 in the US. I love the upbeat, slightly Latin sound to this forgotten jam. Its just so dang happy, like a little ray of sunshine streaming into my headphones. The lyrics are totally cheeseball, but I'll have to admit, I really wouldn't mind if a boy wrote this kind of a love song for me.

You to me
Are sweet as roses in the morning
And you to me
Are soft as summer rain at dawn, in love we share
That something rare

The sidewalks in the street
The concrete and the clay beneath my feet
Begins to crumble
But love will never die
Because we'll see the mountains tumble
Before we say goodbye
My love and I will be
In love eternally

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment